Everything that we do as a council is to achieve our vision of a fairer future for all in Southwark. Our residents are at the heart of everything we do and they've helped us form the values that underpin the work of the Council. Our values will continue to inform all the work we do across the Council and what you can expect from us.
Our values are:
- treating residents as if they were a valued member of our own family
- being open, honest and accountable
- spending money as if it were from our own pocket
- working for everyone to realise their own potential
- making Southwark a place to be proud of
Our vision and guiding principles
We want to inspire and support people in the Council to change how we provide digital services to residents and staff, services that are so good that people want to use the service, succeed the first time, can be used by everyone and are value for money.
We are currently delivering three strategies:
Technology has huge transformational potential for improving the lives and livelihoods of residents, visitors, and business-owners across Southwark
To achieve our vision we follow three simple principles:
- User centred services: We will start with and research the needs and realities of our residents and businesses. We want to gain an extensive understanding of our resident’s journeys including previous experiences with the council, and any particular prior problems or issues.
- Business and need led transformation: We will work with subject matter experts to identify problems and explore the role technology can play in solving them.
- Test, learn and adapt: We want to understand and learn what works, what doesn’t work, and scale up solutions accordingly.